Who are We?
The Teen Advisory Board is a dedicated group of teens, ages 13- 18, from the city of Beltsville and surrounding communities served by the Beltsville Public Library who are interested in having a say in what the library does for them.
What Do We Do?
The Teen Advisory Board’s goal is to promote library services to teens at the Beltsville Library by:
- Advising, Planning and Implementing Teen Programs
- Promoting Ideas, Reading, Programming and Expression by and for teens by creating bulletin boards and displays for the Teen Zone.
- Recommending Books, Movies, Music CDs and Magazines for the teen collection.
- Creating an Inviting Area for teens in the library.
What Will I Get Out of It?
- Something interesting and fun to do!
- Having a say in materials and programs at the Beltsville Library.
- Personal satisfaction in serving your community and peers.
- Opportunity to meet new people.
- Community service looks excellent on college applications and job applications.
How Much of Time Commitment is Required?
- TAB meets once a month on the first or second Saturday of every month, except December.
- Meetings last approximately 2 hours.
How Do I Join TAB?
- Fill out a TAB application from the library’s website or pick one up at your local library!